But women can never be careful enough, can we? If we take naked pictures of ourselves, we’re asking for it. If someone can manage to hack into our accounts, we’re asking for it. If we’re not wearing anti-rape nail polish, we’re asking for it. If we don’t take self-defence classes, we’re asking for it. If we get drunk, we’re asking for it. If our skirts are too short, we’re asking for it. If we pass out at a party, we’re asking for it. If we are not hyper-vigilant every single fucking second of every single fucking day, we are asking for it. Even when we are hyper-vigilant, we’re still asking for it. The fact that we exist is asking for it.
This is what rape culture looks like.
This is what misogyny looks like.
|—||from What Happened to Jennifer Lawrence Was Sexual Assault (via catagator)|
I never upload pics of my face but I’m like really super in love with both of these so here ya go
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
We’ll definitely be back next year. If not, it’ll be because an asteroid has destroyed all human civilization. And that’s canon.
|—||Kendra Wells. (via mysharona1987)|
Did you know that we’ve been in the middle of a Loch Ness Monster sighting drought? Last year marked the first time in almost 90 years that Nessie hadn’t been spotted for an entire year. In fact, there hadn’t been any ‘confirmed sightings’ of the elusive cryptid for 18 months, leading some veteran spotters to voice concern that perhaps the famous monster had finally given up the ghost.
But wait! Something awesome just happened: Two different people, both using Apple Maps, captured screenshots of something measuring approximately 100ft long, with what appear to be two large flippers, powering along just under the surface of the loch. Experts from the Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club have been studying the images and Gary Campbell, club president, reports that they’ve been steadily ruling out alternative explanations, leaving it increasingly likely that these images are brand new ‘confirmed sightings’:
‘We’ve been looking at it for a long time trying to work out exactly what it is. It looks like a boat wake, but the boat is missing. You can see some boats moored at the shore, but there isn’t one here. We’ve shown it to boat experts and they don’t know what it is. Whatever this is, it is under the water and heading south, so unless there have been secret submarine trials going on in the loch, the size of the object would make it likely to be Nessie.’
‘Now that we have spies in the skies above Loch Ness, maybe we will get more sightings which will whet the appetite of more down to earth Nessie hunters to come north. Furthermore, the use of satellite technology means that if Nessie is just swimming below the surface like in this case, we can still pick her up.’
Visit Dailymail.co.uk for additional information about this exiting development and the history of Nessie hunting.